Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sketchbook/Sketchblog

One of the things I miss about art school is keeping a sketchbook and using it not only as a tool to develop ideas, but to present and discuss them.  My sketchbooks always tend to have more writing and more pasting than sketching.  That's how my ideas get started.  I've been thinking for awhile about putting my writing and pasting into digital form.  This could help me recreate the community of idea presentation and discussion that I so miss from art school.

Like so many other people around the US, I recently lost my job.  While in between jobs, my goal is to try to focus on creating finished products--something I've always struggled with, especially when working full time.  I hope to use this blog to help me develop ideas, present them to others for critique, and hopefully carry them through until I'm actually satisfied with my creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment