Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Current Projects 3/11/09

Asymmetrical Folds Skirt

I made this skirt for myself in January and received a commission to make one for a friend.  Hers will be navy blue denim with kelly green contrasting fabric and buttons.  The pattern came from Stitch Magazine (a really great magazine--I would have a subscription if they offered them).  Even though it's not my own design, I hope that the experience of creating a difficult piece of clothing from a pattern will help me improve my own designs in the future.

Ceramic Necklaces

At my last job, I dove head first into teaching Clay and Sculpture classes, which is not my area of expertise.  In fact, I've always disliked clay.  Now it's becoming one of my favorite mediums for jewelry design.  Some recent work (for sale on Etsy):



I put this pendant on a ribbon last night, and I'm happy with the color/text
ure combination, but I'm wondering if it needs something more--beads?  Twisting around with beads (I've seen this on a few necklaces in stores lately)?



I also have a few pendants with no necklace yet and I can't decide what they need--a beaded wire, a ribbon, a chain, or a leather cord.  Post your comments and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment